Harmony has more than 27 years of experience in caring for Children and Young Persons in their own homes on a one-to-one basis. Our staff are Enhanced DBS checked and QCF2/3 trained as a minimum. All staff coming into contact with Children/Young People with disabilities have a minimum of two years' experience and receive enhanced induction and continuous training.
WHO WE CARE FOR
We have provided Respite care, Home Care, Sitting services and Escort services for Children with disabilities for local charity Carers Lewisham for 27 years. We have recently been awarded to the Children and Young Peoples Framework in Lewisham, Southwark, Greenwich and Bromley.
The children we care for live with the following challenges including:
- Down syndrome;
- Sensory impairment;
- Total and partial physical disabilities;
- Complex care needs.
Our staff are trained in the following areas, and signed off as competent by a Paediatric nurse prior to commissioning to services:
- Naso-gastric care;
- Tracheotomy care;
- Catheter care;
- Colostomy care;
- Anaphylaxis care;
- Seizures management;
- Each area of care is given an individual Risk assessment.
CARE AND SOCIAL NEEDS
We ensure that the care we provide focuses on both the practical care needs and the social care needs of the child/young person. Please see a non-exhaustive list of the services we provide:
- Home Care – this includes personal care, hoisting, toileting, meal preparation and assist to be;
- Escorting – Taking the child/young person out to local social events such as children's drama and music classes. We also escort to local cinemas and sporting events, however this is not exhaustive and we can escort to any arena you or your child decide;
- Respite care – This allows the parents to have some respite time away, content in the knowledge that the child is being well cared for by a trained experienced compulsory checked care/support worker;
- Sitting services – Engaging with the child in the comfort of their own home.
If you are curious about our services please fill in the Consultation form on your right, for a NO OBLIGTION visit from our care team supervisor, who will introduce our services to you. The supervisor will then capture as much information about the child, their interests and care needs as possible. They will also ascertain the needs of the parents and wider family goals, with a view to the compilation of a care/support plan.
We then use this information to compile a short list of potential care/support workers, which ensures that you are assigned an individual that matches the child/young person and the family dynamic. If you choose to, you can interview the short-listed care/support workers. All of this is done with no obligation to commission services.
If you would like more information please feel free to contact our team.